Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano has a College Mentoring Program for our high school juniors and seniors. Mentors will be paired with one of our juniors to assist in their college application process through their senior year. By assisting with the college application process, mentors will contribute to our mission of putting our students on the trajectory of a successful college path!
Mentors will provide support for students in a number of different ways, including:
- Personal statement writing
- Researching colleges and creating a college list
- Applying to colleges
- Applying to scholarships
Benefits of mentoring Breakthrough students:
- Mentors guide highly motivated students to achieve their ultimate goal of attending a four-year college or university
- Mentors use their knowledge and expertise to set up a path for underserved students to achieve lasting academic and personal success
- Mentors build relationships with students in the San Juan Capistrano community that foster growth both as a student and as an individual
If you are interested in serving as a College Bound mentor and would like to support our students with their college application process, please apply to our College Mentoring Program. The application for 2018-2019 College Bound mentors is now available. If you would like to learn more about mentor roles and responsibilities, download this flyer, BT College Mentor Program Flyer 2018.
For additional information regarding the College Mentoring Program, please contact Sam Geary at email@example.com or (949) 661-0108 ext. 1350.