There are a variety of ways to volunteer with Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano. You can make a difference in the lives of Breakthrough SJC students. Here are a few ways to get started:
High School Volunteers
- Serve as a Breakthrough SJC In-Session teacher during the school year. For more information visit our Become a Teacher page.
- Become a Breakthrough SJC Student Leader during our summer program. Student Leaders assist in Breakthrough SJC classes, tutor students, set up meals for students, and assist staff and teachers throughout the summer. Applications for 2017 are available here. The deadline to become a Student Leader is Friday, May 26, 2017. For more information about the Student Leader position, click here or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carolina Pallares, at Carolina.Pallares@smes.org.
- Help with administrative office work during the school year.
- Tutor high school students on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 4:00-6:00 pm. For more information visit our Become a Teacher Page.
- Apply to Breakthrough Collaborative’ s Teaching Residency to spend six weeks teaching Breakthrough SJC’s highly motivated students. For our online application process, visit our national website.
- Mentor a student through college and scholarship applications.
- Help to plan a fundraising event or host a fundraising social event with your friends.
- Host a Breakthrough SJC teaching fellow in your home for two months in the summer.
- Host an information session about Breakthrough SJC at your community organization or group.
- Set-up support for Breakthrough SJC events and special activities.
- Help with administrative office work.
Please contact Program Director Victor Cota if you would like to volunteer or discuss about other opportunities to get involved. Victor.Cota@smes.org, 949-661-0108 ext. 1342.
Thank you for your support!