High School Volunteers
- Serve as a Breakthrough SJC In-Session teacher during the school year. Breakthrough SJC is looking for high school students in Orange County to provide homework help and enrichment for Breakthrough seventh and eighth grade students attending Marco Forster Middle School. In-Session teachers will receive ongoing training and must be available to teach Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 3:20-4:30 p.m. at Marco Forster Middle School, 25601 Camino del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. Click here to access the volunteer application.
- Serve as a Breakthrough SJC High School Tutor during the school year. We are looking for high school and college students to serve as tutor. Tutors will receive ongoing training and must be available to work with students on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club of San Juan Capistrano. Click here to access the volunteer application.
- Become a Breakthrough SJC Student Leader during our 2019 summer program. Student Leaders assist in Breakthrough SJC classes, tutor students, set up meals for students, and assist staff and teachers throughout the summer. Student leader positions serve 40 hours of service in one week. You can check out this flyer, and apply by clicking here.
- Assist as an on-call tutor during our summer program. Tutors are needed on a case-by-case basis in a variety of topics. Indicate your interest via this Google Form.
- Help with administrative office work during the school year. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Linda Lazaro, at Linda.LazaroGuevara@smes.org or 949-661-0108 ext. 1358 for additional information regarding the tutoring program and becoming a tutor.